BEST-EVER VEGAN PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE
Caution! Holiday treats may be healthier than they appear. This rich and delicious treat is sure to put you in the mood for the festive season. Though it tastes decadent, the healthy fats (from cashews), vegan whipped cream and coconut sugar makes it a much healthier treat than you'd think.
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ⅛ - ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- For serving: vegan whipped cream & crushed candy cane
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add your almond milk, cacao powder, coconut sugar, peppermint, and salt. Whisk together until it comes to a gentle boil and remove from the heat.
- Pour the hot chocolate into a high speed blender with the cashews and blend until smooth (30-45 seconds).
- Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and candy cane
-By Lindsay Mustard. Lindsay is a Holistic Nutritionist, firefighter-in-training and recipe-wizard with a burning passion for health and fitness. In her nutrition practice, Lindsay works with clients to craft a unique plan that is tailored to their specific health goals using a natural, whole food and supplement approach.