HEARTY VEGAN KALE & BROCCOLI SALAD
Maybe you enjoy kale year-round, but Lindsay Mustard's vegan recipe for kale and broccoli salad strikes us as the perfect way to pack some nutrient-dense vegetables into your diet during the cooler months when the brightly hued fruits and vegetables of summer and early fall are no longer on the menu.
- 2 large heads of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 4 kales leaves, washed and chopped
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup red onions, sliced
Maple Tamari almonds
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the almonds on the baking sheet, toss with the tamari, maple syrup, and sea salt and spread into a thin layer. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mayo, apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, and salt. Add the broccoli, onions, and almonds and toss to coat.
- Dish into serving bowls and enjoy!