How do you start your day?
Are you a "rise and shine, it's coffee time" kind of person? Studies have shown that how you start your day not only sets your mood and energy levels for the day, but it can also help your metabolism and overall health! Here are a few of our favourite "Good Morning" tips!
Make your own smoothie bags: This preparation takes half an hour to prepare one week's worth of delicious smoothies! Grab some leafy greens (like spinach or kale), your favourite summer fruits, and healthy fats (such as hemp hearts or avocado) and throw them all in a freezer bag for later. In the morning, pull them out and blend!
Add your favourite flavour of Ener-C: Want to decrease your smoothie's sugar content? Or disguise the taste of kale in your smoothie? Each packet of Ener-C is filled with A, C, E & B vitamins, electrolytes, and minerals. Also, they will give your smoothie a yummy real fruit flavour.
- Find yourself a perfect on-the-go smoothie cup: Large mason jars are our favourite because they are re-usable.
You'll love this tasty and easy-to-prep breakfast idea! Chia seeds are an amazing source of healthy fats and protein. They not only leave you feeling full for longer, but they also contain omega fatty acids that are essential for brain health!
Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 small mason jar
- 3 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- Fresh berries
- Slivered almonds and/or pecans
- Protein powder (optional extra protein)
- Mix the chia seeds and coconut milk in your mason jar. You can also mix in your protein powder for an extra protein option.
- Shake well.
- Add your fresh fruit and slivered almonds and/or pecans on top and a few nuts.
- Store in the fridge overnight.